At Prairie Sunset Home (PSH) social services are designed to provide the resident with medically-related services to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, spiritual, and psychosocial well-being. A primary goal for social services is to help residents achieve a frame of mind in which they are able to take full advantage of the therapies and services available to them.
Examples of these services might include, but are not limited to:
- Making arrangement for obtaining needed adaptive equipment, clothing, and personal items;
- Maintaining contact with the resident and those they designate about ongoing health status, health care choices, encouragement to participate in care planning, current goals and discharge planning;
- Make referrals and obtain services for the resident from outside entities (e.g. talking books, absentee ballots, community wheelchair transportation);
- Assist residents with financial and legal matters (e.g. applying for pensions, government assistance, referrals to attorneys, referrals to funeral homes for preplanning arrangements);
- Arranging the provision of needed counseling services;
- Promote actions by the staff, family and friends that maintain or enhance each resident’s dignity and individuality.
Our social service department works with both the resident and family from initial inquiry to the pre-admission/admission decision process and throughout the sub-acute or long term stay until discharged. The entire staff of Prairie Sunset Home works hard every day to earn your trust and provide “Senior Care with a Difference.”
Senior Care with a Difference!